- Submissions must be in English.
- Submission cannot have been previously published, nor should it be simultaneously submitted to another journal for consideration (or an explanation must be provided to the editors); if parts of it have been published, the MAST submission must add substantially new meaning to the work.
- The text must adhere to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined below in the Author Guidelines.
- All necessary permissions to publish images, illustrations, sounds, videos, etc. must have been acquired by the author(s); the authors must respond to all legal rights.
- The essays must have been proofedited before submission to MAST.
- include a concise and informative title, the name and affiliation of all the authors, their current position, together with a valid e-mail address.
- include a short author biography (150 words).
- for full papers, include an abstract (250 words) with 5-8 keywords. In the abstract, the authors must synthesize clearly the content and the implications of their study, following the structure of various subchapters: background, aims, methods used, results obtained, discussions, as well as implications for future research. This structure can be adapted, according to the particular characteristics of the study.
- use the MLA citation style (latest version). The use of endnotes is permitted but should be kept to a minimum.
- submissions must be sent in Microsoft Word and typed in Times New Roman, 12 points, double space with 1-inch margins. Use italics, rather than underlining except with URL addresses. All images, illustrations, figures, and tables must be placed within the text at the appropriate place, rather than at the end.
- All attached media files (image/video/sound) in all submissions must ensure an adequate quality for web display.
- For video essays, please submit a link to the video online (provide a password, if required).
- Submissions in practice-based studies must include a media artwork/project accompanied by a short essay (1000-2000words). The essay in this category should include a description of the artwork/project and how well it speaks/relates to the issue’s theme.
- For interviews as well as book/exhibition reviews, please contact editors in advance before you want to submit them.
Authors will not receive any copies of the journal, as all available materials are electronic.
MAST has a policy of zero tolerance for plagiarism and sustains a publication ethics that is based on an honest citation of sources as well as original research. Please follow the rules regarding plagiarism that are recommended by the MLA guidelines. Identification of plagiarism will automatically lead to the rejection of the manuscript and to the permanent banning of the author from future publication in the journal, as well as to institutional exposure.
Incomplete submissions or those received after the deadline may not be considered. Submissions outside the scope of the journal or the curated contents of the issues will be rejected.